Monday, October 15, 2012

The Baby Shower ~ The 7 Days Chronicle

When I was expecting my 3 kids, there were no such thing as baby shower. I got pregnant, I deliver my baby and go thru confinement. Baby shower takde, lenggang perut adalah. What I was told from my mom in law, lenggang perut was more for anak sulung. A tradition which practised from one generation to another.

Nowadays, baby shower is the in thing. I have read many blogs about people organising them. Never been to one, nearly went to one. But somehow, that did not happen.

So, when I got invitation to this baby shower event, I was so excited to experience baby shower event. The date 5th October was blocked a month earlier and I made sure I am in town. I don't want to miss this one. I asked where the location will be, so that I can schedule my meeting within the area. You know how Friday traffic is. I don't to be late.

However, a week before the event, I still did not hear any new on the event venue. So, I did the next best thing I know

BBM Message
Liza : Babe, jadik ke baby shower nie
RM : Tulah, senyap jer.
Liza : Ada apa2 ke nak aku tolong?

And with that the planning start.

First things first, it's all about location, location, location.

I was searching for few venues which is not too expensive. Called few venues, almost all were fully booked while one was so sombong giler. So, cancel! Then I wanted to explore Full House in Sunway Pyramid. Checked with RM and told her they have branch in Jln Yap Kwan Seng. RM then decided, let's have it here.

So, RM being RM, used her influence and made that call. Venue secured!


Next, theme colour. Since the gender of the babies (yes, it's for 2 mothers, i.e. 2 babies) are not known yet, so RM said go for red. Saya ikut jer since time is short. Just go with the flow.

Next, party favours. I went on shopping spree at Sunway Pyramid after I came back from class. I love doing party favours. I love this part. I went from one shop to another buying cool stuff with red theme. If only not because I was wearing high heel shoes, the spree would have been longer. But, I managed to get all that I need. And satisfied with my purchase.

RM took care of the diaper cake while making the necessary arrangements with the venue manager. Also booked was the candy buffet. When time is short, we have not much time to spare, the most sensible thing to do is outsource. We are both working, so can't really get into the nitty gritty stuff. Buat mana yang termampu, yang penting hati kena ikhlas.



One final thing I need to do before the big day is to get crowns for the mothers. I was checking with friends also online to see the nicer ones. Finally got a friend to make for me. From fresh flowers to reflect the freshness being a mom and it blends with the venue of the event. Green and white :). Love the end product

We did what we could...and now just waiting for the big day...

Let's say how it turn out ya!

Signing off,



1 comment:

UmiMia said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeee