Monday, October 22, 2012

Baby Shower, the day has come....

Subsequent from this entry...

I woke up that Friday feeling nervous. With such short planning, I pray things will turn out right. I applied for half day leave, however, was caught up at work. Full morning in Putrajaya ended up screwing up my time management. But no biggie. Challenges here and there, that what makes it exciting.

I rushed to The Curve to pick up the crowns for the 2 mothers, then to Subang Jaya to pick up my better half. Alhamdulilah, traffic was kind to us. We arrived The Full House, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng at 6pm. Immediately unpack and the started working on the party favours. Bought the items individually, so need to pack and place it on the guests tables.
Thanks to Jules for coming early. She helped to do the party favours. We also got help from the girl who prepared the candy buffet. Sorry, totally forgot her name. Of course, staff in Full House were really helpful. It makes it much easier.
The head planner K Red arrived shortly after that. She worked really hard for this. She was here earlier during lunch time, making sure things are in order.
Guests started to come one by one. While we were waiting for the guests of honour, K Red played her drama, that she is in JB siap commit to get Burberry baby's clothing for the mothers. At the same time, she was giving instructions to the other half of the 2 mothers. Rose's hubby was out of idea since Rose was not too happy to be driven around. So, they stopped at Pelita.
When the first mother arrived, Yan, things start to get a bit chaotic. Why? Cause her car was parked right next to the place we are throwing this baby shower party. We switched off the light and fortunately she was engaged with her berry and was not looking around. When she entered the door, the look on her face was priceless. She started bursting with tears, tears of joy I hope.

Next, 2nd mother was making her way in. Again the shocking moment. However, this was less dramatic than the first one. Not less shocking though.

The rest of the night was just magic. And came another unexpected moment. Astro Awani was covering this event for a segment Busines Alternatif. The highlight was of course K Red. And I got my shocking moment as well. I got interviewed. Totally not prepared, but belasah jer lah.






Thanks to those who made it for the event ; Sid, Maya to name a few. Thanks for the other half's of the 2 VVIPs of the night. Thanks to Astro Awani for giving us few seconds of fame. Thanks to Full House for the excellent service. And most of all, thanks to my better half for helping out. I am just blessed to have a man like you in my life.
And thanks to K Red for remaining calm despite the last minute preparation. I helped her cause she s a good friend of mine, no other reason. If I am in similar situation, I know she would do the same for me, cause she has done that before.
So, who's Baby Shower should we plan next? Hmmmm...
Signing off,

3 comments:

Eliss said...

seronoknya ada kawan2 buat suprise mcm ni :)

attyfir said...

mesti yan ngn rose terharu sgt, ada kawan2 yg buat suprise

UmiMia said...

eheh...still lagi sengih sengih baca entry korang semua...

orang pun excited tau...tp bercampur dgn bengang dr dalam kereta...tu pasal lah...sian my hubby....hahaha

Thanks Kak Liza....sukaaaaaa sangat.....