Sunday, January 29, 2012

Liza on the map ~ the overdue Penang trip

I remembered when I was younger, someone asked me what do I want to be when I grow up. I was only 7 at that time, if I'm not mistaken. Innocently I responded, I want to be someone who can take my mom for a holiday and to buy her whatever she wants. She just need to choose and I will pay for it. She don't have to look at the price tag. Why? Cause my mom worked very hard and everytime she go and buy stuff for herself, she will look at the price tag and usually she ended up putting it back because we can't afford it.

Hence, this year when I got to take her for a holiday, although only in Penang, I was very happy.

When you go to Penang, the usual thing you will look for is FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! Penang is a food heaven. So, forgive me if this entry is populated by food images.

I booked the flight and hotel via Air Asia package combining hotel and flight. The chosen hotel was Hard Rock. The price for 9 of us was SUPER CHEAP. Will share the price later.

Must eat
This one can go on and on and on.

Of course, Nasi Kandar is a must and my favourite has always been Line Clear. Tried few other outlets before, I still come back to Line Clear. Alhamdulilah, my parents love it too.

Apart from that, Pasembur is also in the checklist. We had the one at Gurney Drive. We also had Sup Hameed. As the trip was too short to enjoy other famous Penang food like Laksa and Char Kuey Teow.





Must shop
Actually, Penang is not a place to shop. The only thing that can be bought would be jeruk from Chow Rasta. Other than that, takde kot

Must See
I had few things in the check lists but did not get to do it cause Mom was too tired. One of it is the Pasar Malam Batu Feringghi. Apart from that is the Toy Museum. Since this trip was made for my mom, we are quite flexible about it. Apart from that since we are staying in Hard Rock, it's a must to enjoy the live band. Only my better half and I enjoyed this. My parents and kids were asleep by the time the show started.




Must Do
Must drive through Penang Bridge. Yes, that's a must and we managed to do that. We also took the ferry to cross the Selat Melaka. Apart from that we also went up the Penang Hill via the new cable car. It was quite a fast ride up and the view from the top was just awesome. We also took the kids for a boat ride along the Penang coastal area. My mom did not want to join us, takut ler teeewwww :)





In total, the expenditure for the whole trip
                                                                          
Air Asia 3 days 2 nights package - Flight and Hotel    -     RM3256.62
(Hard Rock 3 rooms all together for 7)
Car rental (2 days)                                                           RM350.00
Food and sightseeing                                                        RM556.00
Parking in LCCT                                                              RM75.00

Total                                                                                RM4237.62

Bebaloikan? So apa tunggu lagik....pilah melancong!!!

And don't forget this entry. Yes, we can make this change!

Signing off,

                  

No comments: