Monday, January 2, 2012

Liza can cook - Sup Tulang Recipe

I have always wanted to share recipes in my blog. However, I was reluctant to do so cause I don't want people to think I am trying to show off as if I am the only one can cook. Yes, that was the old me. Not anymore, the new me don't really gives a damn what people think. Yes, I can cook. I may not be good at it, but I can cook good meals for my family.

So, here goes.

Today, I made Sup Tulang. This is one of the favourite dish for my family. Though I said I cooked this today for lunch but the process started last night. It is important to cook it for hours until the meat got separated from the bones.

Ingredients

2kg of bones preferably from the ribs ( this portion is enough to feed us, the family of 5 the whole day)

To grind ( I use lesung batu, not blender, just my preference I guess)
5 shallots
5 garlics
5cm of ginger

Potatoes
Half of quarter cup Tamarind juice

2 packets Sup Tulang Bunjut Adabi

How to do cook this
  • After washing the bones, boil it for about 15 minutes. Then throw the water and replace it with another pot of water. This time, boil it for at least 4 hours
  • Using another pan, after you heat the oil, first fry the rempah tumis which is part for the Sup Tulang Bunjut Adabi pack for about 15 seconds and then add together tje grinded ingredients.
  • Fry until the smell appear and the ingredients turn golden brown.
  • Once that is done, transfer the whole fried ingredients to the pot. Add potatoes and the tamarind juice
  • Boil for another 2 hours
  • Add salt. I don't add salt at the early stage as it may cause the meat to be hard and not tender

And the soup is ready to be served. Best served with hot white rice or bread. And if you have extra time, do the sambal kicap. That will make the soup more awesome!!!


Blum try belum tahu!!!

Signing off,


No comments: