Monday, April 1, 2013

Liza Can Cook ~ Ayam Masak Merah

This entry is long overdue request from Gina, who have been asking for the recipe Ayam Masak Merah from me. Sorry dear for the long delay. Honestly, I am not that good with this recipe stuff. Usually when I cook I just campak2 jer. Let me try to give this a shot ya. By the way, of all the food I cook, this is Ilham's favourite. That is why I always cook this.

This ingredients are suitable for family of 5 servings (aka my family :) )


Half chicken, cut into medium sizes
3 shallots grinded 
3 garlics grinded
30 dried chillies, boiled and grinded
quater of small bowl of tamarind juice
2 lemon grass (smashed as the root)
1 big onion, sliced
2 tomatoes, cut into 4
Salt and sugar
Brown sugar


How to cook

1. Add tumeric powder and salt to the chicken. Fry the chicken, half cook
2. Once the chicken is done, tumis the shallots and garlic that has been grinded.
3. Add the chilli paste and continue frying
4. Add tamarind juice, together with salt and sugar. Also add brown sugar. Continue to cook until the mixed look red and shiny
5. Add the haf cooked chicken. Make sure it's fully cooked.
5. Add big onions,tomatoes and lemon grass



Yes, you are done. I can't seem to find Ayam Masak Merah photo, what I have is combination of this dish with other dishes I cooked that time.

So, Gina, hope this is ok. Please do let me know if you need more info from me. I'm not a good cook, just love to cook :)

Signing off,

liza365.blogspot.com



No comments: