Sunday, September 30, 2012

Liza Goes To Oxford - When feeling lost, step back and restrategise

I must admit, September has been horrible. Most of the classes this semester is scheduled in September and what's worse, one of the classes was in Singapore. Balancing between work, study and personal life seems to be too overwhelming for me this September.
 
One thing is this Business Simulation. I have tried my very best to contribute to the team. This is not something I do on day to day basis, hence I might be slower than everyone else. Though I graduated in accounting field, that was more than 15 years ago and I have never practised accounting. I felt like I did not contribute enough and tried my best to bring some values to the team, but ended up feeling more stupid than before. Just when I thought I have prepared enough, there are still big gaps that need to be filled. I don't think trying to catch up at my own pace even an option. Believe me, I am trying to move as fast as I can, and it's not easy for me. I deal with human capital issues on daily basis which does not have direct involvement of financial statements or decisions on selling price or how much we need to spend on marketing and which area we need to embark in. Suffice to say, our team did not do too well and I can't help to put the blame on me for failing to give good financial advise. Of course we have a long way to go before all this will end in January, which to be honest, I don't know if I can endure this till that month.
 
I feel totally messed up which means only one thing, I have to take a step back and restrategise. Started by clearing all my study related filing. Once that is done, I started looking into my schedule to see how else I can use my time more effectively. This is my current daily routine :
 
Wake up at 5am
Bath and get ready to work. Solat. Make sure kids are ready for school (I am blessed my better half helps to prepare breakfast for kids, thanks Sayang)
Off to work at 6.30am
Back from work latest by 7.30pm.
Bath, solat, prepare dinner, send kids for mengaj
Study with kids at 8.30pm
Kids ready for bed at 9.30pm
Fold clothes at 10.00pm
Clean house, laundry, prepare tomorrow's clothing for my better half
Off to bed by 12am

New routine which I have to implement immediately. This is taking into consideration how I am falling behind in my studies as well as I have not been exercising at all in 2012. Bad, very bad. Don't even ask me what's my weight now. Changes captured in caps.
 
Wake up at 5am
Bath, EXERCISE and get ready to work. Solat. Make sure kids are ready for school.  FOLD CLOTHES.
Off to work at 6.30am
Back from work latest by 6.30pm. TO UTILISE FWA
Bath, solat, prepare dinner, send kids for mengaji. Clean house.
Study with kids at 8.30pm
Kids ready for bed at 9.30pm, LAUNDRY
CONTINUE TO STUDY UNTIL 11AM
Prepare tomorrow's clothing for my better half
Off to bed by 12am
 
I knew it's not gonna be easy but never thought it will be this tough. At times, I feel like giving up but thinking what kind of values will I be showing to my kids if I give up now just make me sick.
 
Let's see if this work. Well, it will work if I want it to work. Discpline, diligent and tawakkal to Allah. Insyallah, all is well.
 
Signing off,
 


 

No comments: