Sunday, June 14, 2015

Spreading the wings of Ilmiya Enterprise

Many may not know, I have been in business with my better half for quite some time. In my previous working places, I used to sell Nasi Lemak and kuih for breakfast. That time, it was more to make ends meet. Alhamdulilah, it helped to cover the expenses of kids milk and diapers. Yes, it was tiring. We have to wake up at 4am to cook and pack. However, it was indeed satisfying.

My better half also used to have a stall that sells mee rebus and other Johor delicacies. That was another tiring phase in our life. Before we left for work, we had to prepare all the ingredients and the moment we are home from work, we quickly prepare all the related items for my better half to bring to the stall. He went to the stall while I stay home and take care of the kids and prepare the next day's ingredients. His stall was a hit and until now some customers still recognise him and missed his mee rebus, mee bandung and rojak. He got to stop the business as he got promoted and the work became more demanding.

When Raya approaches, for many years we were selling kerepek and kuih raya. Some we made on our own and some we got them from suppliers. I had many regular customers and the profit from the sales were kept in kids savings account so this can be used for their education. We have not been doing this business for few years due to my work load which require lots of traveling.

So now, with my better half left his job and he became an entrepreneur, we started this business journey again. And it goes without saying, I am part of it. I honestly am enjoying it.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my current job. My job gives me lots of satisfaction, nurturing young talents and guiding them to a suitable career path. Also giving chances to graduates who may not be as lucky as others in securing employment. However, there's something about having own business which are difficult to explain.

My better half opened his own Mini Market September last year. It was his long time dream and I am so happy when he got to fulfill it. And now he has expanded his physical shop to virtual presence. And I am of course a social media junkie, supporting him all the way. We are now selling more than just groceries items. We offer kerepek, snacks and also textile items aka kain ela. Alhamdulilah, so far things are heading towards positive response. We are of course long way to go before can even be defined as successful. Insyallah, we will get there one day.

Of course I need to end this with my pesanan dari penaja paragraphs. Please do follow us on FB at https://www.facebook.com/IlmiyaEnterprise and https://www.facebook.com/AzmanHamzahMiniMarket. We also have our own Instagram account, @IlmiyaEnterprise. If you are interested to order things we have to offer, don't be shy and whatsapp 0196976174. We will be more than happy to assist.

The journey is still very far. Insyallah, if we continue to work hard, we will get there eventually. And never forget to also pray hard. Allah is there to make it easy on us, Insyallah....

"Rabbi Yassir Wala Tu'assir, Rabbi tammim bil khair"
"Allahumma laa sahla illaa maa ja'altahu sahlan, wa anta taj'alul huzna idza syi'ta sahlaa."

No comments: