Sunday, September 16, 2012

Farewell my dear friend, you will be missed.....

I have so many weaknesses. One of this would be I don't deal with death very well, no matter who died. It can be those I barely know or those who I love dearly. Yes, that's one thing I am still struggling with.
 
Today, while the whole nation celebrates Hari Malaysia, I received a sad shocking news while having lunch with my family.
 
Andy : K Liza, Fadz meninggal
Me : Fadz? Fadz yang mana?
Andy : Fadz CSS....
 
And the rest became so blurry...
 
I can't claim I know Fadz very well. I can't even say she is one of my closest friends. However, one thing I can say is...I have nothing negative to say about her cause that's who she is, a nice kind person.

I still remember when the first time I was introduced to her, her first day reporting for duty. Being a typical HR person, I asked her where and what did she studied. She said she has degree in IT. And my immediate response...why she chose to be an EA...She just smiled to my question.
 
She was located at the top floor, under this division called TMO. My interactions with this division was quite limited hence I did not get the opportunity to get to know her well. We do see each other but not as often as we want to. It's more casual chat, the hi and bye at the corridor, escalator or elevator.
 
When she was transfered to another division called CSS, that's when the opportunity to get to know her was given to me. We worked as a team in organizing our company's family retreat. I remembered very well her commitment to execute tasks given and not forgetting she is a person who knows how to have fun.
 
My fondest memory of her would be when Ramadhan comes. She will send this email asking if anyone would want to be part of Quran recital organised by her dad dedicated for those who are no longer with us. She never failed to keep me in the loop and I will always be part of this.There was this one time I forgot the names of my Arwah Atok and Nenek and Wan (full name of course) and she said to me it's ok. She still have email from last year and will just use. Yes, one of her traits, resourceful.
 
When she sent me the invite for her wedding, I know I must make it a point to attend. Nice people deserve to be treated nicely. She has been nothing but nice to me despite various stories flying around about me. She treated me with great respect and kind. I don't see many people of that kind, and genuine at the same time. I came quite late and managed to still make it for the wedding. She looked so beautiful and glowing. She waved at me from her pelamin and when I hugged her, she thanked me for coming and asked me whether I have eaten. I just smiled and told her how beautiful she looked that day....
 
And today, I bid farewell to this amazing individual. I told another friend, I did not get to meet her at all from the day she got pregnant. Our interactions were mainly on FB, and her favourite phrase... Bertabahlah. The day she passed away, I saw her BBM status, Highest BP 210/144. I wanted to send her a message asking her to take good care of herself, I forgot and I regret for not doing it immediately...
 
Fadz, my dearest Fadz....You will be missed. You have such kind and pure heart. You have always been the bersangka baik person, regardless what kind of stories you hear.
 
You inspire me today...How I should reflect and be just like you.
 
I want to be remembered just like all of us remember you. And the day I die, I want people to remember all the nice things, cause there is nothing bad to remember...
 
Al-Fatihah my lovely Fadz. May you, baby and husband be reunited in Jannah.....
 
Signing off,
 

1 comment:

TeamAlphaWorks said...

Al Fatihah to Fadz and baby too... she returned to Rahmatullah on the last day of Syawal...