Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Cheesy and Cliche Entry ~ Yes, I believe in New Year resolution

While some are skeptical about making New Year resolution, I love having New Year resolution. I have been making this since I was still in college when I started to practice this. Of course, there are hits and miss. And carry forward resolutions which I am not able to fulfill before another New Year starts. But that never deter me from continuing to make New Year resolutions.

Let me tell you why I enjoy making New Year resolution.

I am a structured person. Planning is my middle name. I have checklists for almost everything in my life. By having this, in my personal opinion, I can have better focus in my life. And I can manage my time better. Usually, the final week of every year will be spent planning for the subsequent year. I will have the New Year calendar in front of me so I can see public holidays, school holidays, expected kids' exam period among others. This is when I plan when I should take leave and where we should go for our holidays. Of course, there will be curve balls along the year, but since many of other elements have been planned, stress over this so far has been manageable.

There are of course some New Year resolution which are tougher to meet. Like loosing weight. I have been having this in my checklists ever since I delivered Baby, almost 14 years ago. And only this year, I managed to meet the target weight, that is before I got pregnant of course (which was not part of 2014 plans by the way, rejeki :) ). Another derailed plan is completing PhD. Based on initial plan, I was supposed to complete Master when I am 35 and PhD by the time I reach 40. I will be 39 later this year and have only completed my Master later part of 2014. Even that has yet to be confirmed since the results of the Final Year Project will only be released somewhere in March. So, PhD plans will of course be delayed as well.

I also have countries I want to travel to. I get to realised my dream to do part of Europe tour with my better half in 2012. Few other countries in my travel checklists ; New Zealand,Turkey, Eastern Europe countries and China. I also want to explore South Africa and South America. And to at least witness one World Cup match live. Doha maybe an option. All this before I reach 50 Insyallah.

In 2014, I have made few New Year resolutions. One is to complete my MBA journey and Alhamdulilah, that was fulfilled. I mentioned earlier to lose weight. I also planned to take both my parents and inlaws to Vietnam and that was also However, I plan to travel to 2 countries ; New Zealand and to perform Umrah in December. Due to pregnancy, did not get clearance to travel from my gynae. Settled for Bali, which was not part of the plan. Insyallah, this can be the carry forward plans for 2015.

So guys, though we have made resolutions, it's ok to improvise along the way. We have no way get to see what future lies ahead. But the least we can do is to be prepared should changes happen.

2014 has been a good year, may not be great but not too bad at personal level of course. Family wise, it has been great. With Tiny entering our life, it make things more happening. The whole family look forward to the timely check up so we can all catch a glimpse of Tiny via ultrasound. And I get to experience what all expecting mothers would want, minimal weight gain (Tiny growing healthily Alhamdulilah, at normal size and weight), not much increase in size and so far not much change on appearance. I dare to say, I now believe in pregnancy glow. Perhaps, it comes it comes with aging cause I am more calm and compose now. Many may not know, when I was 25, I already have 3 kids therefore, my earlier pregnancies were at a young age. Hati panas slalu, so no glow was seen. Glow in the dark maybe :). Work wise, it could have been better. But I believe every experience comes with hikmah. And it makes me see some individuals in real lights. Some positive, some as negative as a human can be. And it gave me opportunity to reflect and change my approach. Also to be more careful with people around me. While some feels trust need to be earned, my approach has always been to give people benefit of a doubt until they proof to me otherwise. However, the moment my trust is betrayed, highly likely there is no turning back. Maybe due to that, I have been bitten and stabbed too many times. But, bersangka baik to me will continue to be a better way to lead a healthy life.

It is a major year for our family. My better half realised his dream of owning his own business. He opened his first Mini Market joint (with aspiration to have few more this couple of years Insyallah) and I am super proud of him. Very very proud and pray he will continue to excel, Insyallah.

So hear to amazing 2015. And yes, it will be amazing if you want it to be.

* I also pray for a better year for my country. It has been a rough 2014, too many sadness and casualties. Hope it will be a much better 2015 Insyallah....

1 comment:

farafisyah82 said...

minat sgt baca blog ni.. termotivasi...