Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Liza Got Taste ~ Holiday Villa Dim Sum Buffet

I love eating, I think that's not a secret given how big I am. I love exploring new makan place however, I am not adventurous about food. I am willing to try things I am familiar with and things that look weird and funny, as well as don't smell so good, I will give it a pass.

For 2012, I thought of start reviewing the places I eat. Some pointers for those who wish to give it a try. But remember, people have different tastes, what tastes awesome to me, may taste like crap to you and vice versa

On New Year's Day, we tried out a new place for dim sum. Usually we frequent the one in Quality Hotel Jalan Raja Laut. But this time, we thought of trying the dim sum in Holiday Villa Subang Jaya. I called to make reservation, just to make sure we will not be disappointed.

The spread there were quite large. Lots of variety compared to the one in Quality Hotel. The way the buffet works, you don't have to go to the buffet table and get the dim sum. The buffet spread, all in a trolley are pushed to you and then you can make your choices. There are 2 types of selections ; the steam dim sum and the frien ones on 2 separate trolley. You will only need to get up for dessert.




Apart from that, there are also other selections you can order which is also part of the buffet. We had chee cheong fun,. porridge and cantonese kuey teow. All are really good.
Some tips if you want to try this place :
  • Must try the porridge. It's really good that I had 2 bowls of it. The portion is just nice for one person
  • Caution if you wish to order the fried dishes (quite a range of choices from noodles to rice). The portion is big, enough for about 3-4 pax considering you had dim sum earlier. Thank God we only ordered one, otherwise would be a challenge to finish.
  • Drinks are not part of the buffet. They will offer juices and chinese tea which will be charged separately. Of course, Chinese would go very well with the dim sum
  • 2 choices of chee cheong fun available : chicken and prawn. Must order and it will be sent to your table
  • Washrooms are quite a walk from the dim sum place. Make sure you go with your kids if they need to go
  • Parking is RM5 per entry. However, please get your parking ticket validated before you leave the restaurant
  • Price is reasonable. RM39.99++ per pax. If you are a Villa Gold Card holder, you'll enjoy 20% discount (which I am)
  • Dim Sum Buffet hours for weekends and public holidays would be from 9am to 2.30pm.
Overall, the rating is 3.5/5. Satisfying and made us leave with a smile on our faces. Service was ok, just that one of the waiter don't understand English or Malay so he will need to call his other colleague everytime we ordered.

Give it a try and share with me what you think!

Signing off,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Liza!! Nice review. I have been wanting to try the dim sum here for many years.. I used to work part time at HV in my teens. So the hotel is closed to my heart.