My sincere forgiveness for abadoning this blog of mine for quite some time. Only today, I have the mood to update this blog. Yes, I update my blog when I want to. I don't want to force myself to do something I don't feel like doing. Have been doing that for the longest time in other areas of my life *kan dah emo lagik*. Will try to blog as frequent as I can starting with updating the places I got the chance to visit in 2011.
Anyway, 2011 has been a year where I get to visit many interesting places in the world. One of them was Bandung. Yes, Bandung may be a place where many people visits but not me. I have not been to Bandung, never in my life. I know many have told me it's a shopping heaven, but whether you want to believe it or not, I am not someone who enjoy shopping though I have an uncureable weakness for shoes and kids clothing!
The idea to go to Bandung was quite random. I realised MBH and I have never been on a holiday alone, yup, alone...just the 2 of us, without the kids. No, we did not go for any honeymoon ever since we got married. We couldn't afford it before, so when I saw this AirAsia promo to Bandung, I went ahead booked the tickets and send a calendar invite to MBH. As if he can say no to my request kan?
So, we went a day before our wedding anniversary and celebrated the anniversary there. We went to many interesting places. But, what I enjoyed the most was the food. Not only it's delicious, it was super cheap! Of course I enjoyed the shopping, the kids clothing there were super cheap!!! I bought like loads of it that MBH told me "Sayang, the kids will grow up eventually, I don't think they can wear this supply of clothing for years!"
And I went crazy at Pasar Bharu. I went there 4 times!! Yes, you heard me, 4 times. I wanted to go for the 5th time but MBH told me, "Sudahlah Sayang, orang lain pun nak beli jugak". I ended up buying 12 kain for myself. Of course, some for the kids and my mom and mom in law.
Enough talk about shopping, though MBH was convinced he has been conned to come to this holiday which has been camouflaged like a honeymoon when the real agenda was to accommodate my shopping needs *mana ada bang*
Some recommendations based on our experience :
- Kg Daun - I love this place! We spent 4 hours there. The food was awesome, the ambiance was really peaceful. The air was so fresh. Love eating surrounded by waterfall.
- Sapu Lidi - not too bad. Eating right smack in the middle of a paddy field. Food was good. Turn off was mosquitos
- Sierra at the hilltop - we had our anniversary dinner there. Enjoyed the sunset and the steak was awesome! The view was really supporting the the romantic feel.
- Pasar Baru - the kain there were super cheap. Like 80% cheaper than Jakel! I bought this lace pair which normally cost RM700-RM800 per pair and I got it for RM170 after conversion!!
- Factory Outlet - a lot over here, the biggest would be Rumah Mode. Prices are about the same, feel free to explore (I went to nearly 20 of them!)
- Leather street - Jalan Cibaduyut, where else can you get a pair of pure leather shoes for RM40!! Got a pair each for my dad and dad in law
- Toko Tiga Jeans Street - I can never afford Levi's and here I got myself 4 pairs of Levi's. Got few pairs for MBH and the kids as well
- Tangkuban Perahu - this is a semi active volcano area. The view was really awesome and there were alot of handmade crafts sold there. But careful, avoid buying from sellers who are not from the stalls there. The prices may be double to even tripled the normal price
- Go to the spa, have a full body massage. In fact, do this every day while you are there. Super super cheap!!! Imagine less than RM100 for nearly 3 hours treatment. And the service seriously tip top!
Let's end this entry with some photos of during trip, and we promised we will come again Insyallah (if only I get to convinced MBH to come here againlah)